On Saturday the 1st of July we are celebrating Christmas in July with a special dinner at 6.45pm featuring canapes, 4-courses and 8 matched wines – book now.
We’ve been playing with cauliflowers in the kitchen and you’ll find them in the vegan fritters, soups, pickled and our stand out creation of the week the cauliflower clouds served alongside the caramelised lamb.
Cauliflowers are exceptionally nutritious vegetables the list of body systems supported by intake of glucosinolates from cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables has now come to include our cardiovascular, digestive, immune, inflammatory, and detoxification systems. They aren’t quite as potent an aphrodisiac as beetroot but if you google the humble cauliflower you’ll find that many website claims they will improve your sex life!
For the rest of the week we are cooking up a storm with the following specials…
- Bubble & Squeak (V) With Soft Poached Eggs & Mojo
- Corned Beef Hash With Fried Egg & Confit Beetroot
- Baked Pumpkin (Vegan) With Cumin & Coriander, Pearl Barley & Salsa Verde
- Creamy Curried Parsnip Soup With Sourdough Toast, Cashew Cheese & Organic Garden Salad (Vegan)
- Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Breast Pearl Barley, Confit Turnips, Sauteed Spinach, Mandarin Compote & Jus
- Caramelised Lamb With Parsnip Puree, Cauliflower Clouds, Golden Beetroot
And of course Nan’s favourites
- Pa’s Pork & Fennel Sausage Roll Homemade with Nan’s special Spicy Tomato Relish
- Jimmy’s Chicken Liver & Love Pâté With Sesame Dukkah & Lavosh (GF Available)
- Homemade Arancini – 6 (V) With Aioli & Greens – Pumpkin & Feta
- Vegetable Terrine (Vegan, GF) With Herb Salad & Homemade Gluten Free Crackers
- Matty’s Marvellous Cheesy Beef Burger With Haloumi, House Pickled Cucumbers, Confit Beetroot, Organic Leaves, Aioli & OMG Potatoes
- Miranda’s Pie of the Day With Seasonal Salad & Slaw – Beef, Beer & Beetroot