As I sit in our lounge room figuring out what the specials are going to be at Nanna Kerr’s in week three I can hear the cows mooing at the bottom of the garden and all I can think about is cheese.
Matty and I love cheese and when we met Rose and the team at the Hunter Valley Cheese Company we were blown away with the quality of the produce. You can visit Rose for a cheese tasting experience 7 days a week between 9am and 5.30pm at the McGuigans Complex, McDonalds Road, Pokolbin; it’s about a 15 minute drive from there to Nanna Kerr’s.
This week alongside the four cheeses that feature on Pa’s Platter with our housemade pickles we are celebrating the wonderful world of cheese with a some tasty cheesy specials
- Zucchini & Aged Cheddar Fritters with Fromage Blanc & Roast Tomatoes ($23)
- Polenta Chips with Blue Cheese Gravy ($19)
- Hunter Natural Scotch Steak Salad with roasted veggies & Tomme de Chevre ($24)
- Herby Roast Chicken from Little Hill Farm with Hunter Goat’s Cheese Stuffing & Crispy Roast Potatoes ($59 – serves 2)
- Cheese Lover’s Plate – Hunter Gold Washed Rind & Tomme de Chevre, Hot Tomato Chutney and Crackers ($22)
We are open from 8am – 9pm Thursday through until Monday #madewithlove