Our July’s Winemakers Dinner on Saturday 1st July 2017 is going to be a bit different; rather than have just one local Winemaker we will be celebrating many.
It’s Christmas in July and you’ll be treated to a festive menu featuring a selection of fabulous local wines hand picked by us; Matty & Jimmy Kerr.
The boys will personally introduce each dish using locally sourced produce and share some of their favourite local wines matched to each plate.
Canapés will be paired with Mulled Wine on the deck at 6.45pm.
You’ll then enjoy…
- House Cured & Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Cream
- Little Hill Farm Roast with all the Trimmings
- Sirloin Steak with Béarnaise Sauce & Duck Fat Potatoes
- Mince Pie with Homemade Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
Each course will feature a generous tasting of two perfectly matched wines. We love vegans and can cater for any dietary requirements just let us know when you book.
Places are strictly limited so please book now to avoid disappointment. It’s $109 per person including canapés, four courses, matched wines throughout, tea or coffee to finish and unlimited sparkling or filtered water with your meal.
We look forward to seeing you there xxx
This is an apology to our regular customers and any first time guests that dined with us between 9th May and 8th June 2017.
We took some time out from the restaurant for a honeymoon and to attend a family wedding in the US. Unfortunately the leadership team that we left behind did not do us proud.
We are aware that some of the food was not up to standard and that on particular days customer service was unfortunately not a pleasant experience. You have our sincerest apologies.
We have exited a number of staff from the business and we are both now back out front with customers and in the kitchen creating deliciousness with our professional and loyal team.
Rest assured that next time you visit Nanna Kerr’s you can expect 5 Star service and exceptional food, made with love and as organic as we reasonably deliver at a decent price.
We have tweaked our opening hours to ensure that we maintain the high standards that Nan demands and are now open from 9am to 4pm 7 days a week for breakfast, brunch, lunch and all day High Teas.
Dinner is private functions only. We ask for a minimum of 12 guests and a maximum of 50 with 72 hours notice required. We design a menu around your personal favourite tastes and the seasonal produce we have available. It’s served family style; canapés and four courses. Please contact us for more information.
We highly recommend booking on Saturdays and Sundays to avoid disappointment.
And please if you’ve had a great experience at Nan’s do let TripAdvisor, Facebook Reviews and Google know.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Love & Gratitude
Matty & Jimmy Kerr
Just like the gorgeous souls at Vestal Water the Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen team wanted to do something about the waste associated with single use beverage containers (we sell a lot of sparkling water dark green glass bottles).
Antoine Marie Jean-Baptiste Roger, comte de Saint-Exupéry was a French writer, poet, aristocrat, journalist, and pioneering aviator said “Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
This very simple but eloquent statement beautifully encompasses Vestal’s philosophy ‘to provide an alternative that leaves no waste’ and that’s why we’ve chosen them as our new chilled, filtered water partner.
Vestal was immaculately conceived from a background of innovation driven by environmental, social and economic sustainability in 2008 across the water in Tasmania.
The company founders’ chose Vestal as a brand name and it stems from the Roman priestesses of Vesta, who unfortunately undertook a vow of chastity, but among their important responsibilities were two ritual tasks; drawing water from a sacred spring and keeping the eternal flame burning.
Vestal systems currently eliminate the use of over 4 million single-use water bottles each year and Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen is delighted to be adding to that as of today.
All our customers can now enjoy unlimited quantities of chilled, filtered sparkling or still water for just $5 per person.
Oh yeah and we got draught beer fitted at the same time :-).
Aussie Wine Month May 2017 – Baringbah Wines
2-Course Lunch for just $49 per person with 2x 100ml glasses of wine
any lunchtime in May 2017
- Housemade Arancini (V) with Semillon
- Bruschetta (Vegan) with Verdelho
- Liver & Love Pate with Chardonnay or Shiraz Cabernet
- Caesar Salad with Chardonnay
- Fennel Roast Pumpkin (Vegan) with Semillon
- Steak, Shiraz & Porcini Mushroom Pie with Shiraz Cabernet
See you in the kitchen xxx
Ballabourneen & Domaine de Binet Winemaker’s Dinner
Saturday 6th May 2017 6.45pm with Daniel Binet
Canapés & 5-Courses with matched wines & informal commentary $109 per person and all dietary requirements catered for – please advise on booking.
- House Cured Ocean Trout – with Confit Beets & Horseradish Cream
- Nan’s Potato Salad – with Little Hill Farm Eggs & Hunter Natural Bacon
- Confit Duck – with Fennel & Orange
- Beef Bourguignon – made with Accidental Tourists and served with Parsnip Puree & Garlic Greens
- Flourless Chocolate & Prune Torte with Hot White Chocolate Sauce
On Tuesday 11th April Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen is hosting Slow Food Hunter Valley and a Talking Dinner with local legend Jocelyn Colleran, a Lorn garlic farmer and educator who’s taught garlic workshops at Dungog Community College, Stroud and Gloucester.
We’ve teamed up with Jocelyn to create a dinner showcasing garlic with seasonal, organic local produce. Don’t miss this delicious farm-to-table dinner!
We will start with a formal garlic tasting led by Jocelyn with freshly baked breads from our in-house Baker Kyle.
Chef Shaun will then tantalise tastebuds with…
- Caramelised Garlic Arancini
- Garlic Tzatziki with Beetroot Chips
- Mediterranean Style Baby Octopus with Garlic Squid Ink Risotto
- Confit Duck with Mojo & Choko Salad
- Hay Smoked Vanilla Ice-Cream with Candied Fennel, Milk Skins & Black Garlic Hollandaise
COST: $60.00 for Non-Members
$55.00 for Slow Food Members
(Limited number of places)
RSVP: Essential by Friday, 7 April 2017 to email@example.com or Anne Kelly, Honorary Secretary at Slow Food Hunter Valley 02 4933-7761
Payment confirms your booking
PAYMENT: Slow Food Hunter Valley
BSB: 062 827
ACC: 1025 0766
Your name as reference
A fabulous selection of raffle prizes will be drawn on the night.
Tickets $5.00 each, 3 for $10.00 or 7 for $20.00 – tickets can be purchased prior to the event or on the night. All funds raised go to Slow Food Hunter Valley.
After a fantastic inaugural experience with the magnificent Macquariedale in March we are excited to release the menu for our second Winemaker’s Dinners in partnership with Tamburlaine Organic Wines on Saturday 1st April 2017 6.45pm with Senior Winemaker Aaron Mercer.
Canapés & 5-Courses
with matched wines & informal commentary $129 per person
all dietary requirements catered for – please advise on booking
- Little Hill Farm Chicken Terrine with Fennel Oil & Pickles
- Grilled Mackerel Fillets with Cauliflower & Wasabi Puree & Muscat Glaze
- Oven Baked Gnocchi Wild Mushrooms & Autumn Vegetables
- 12-Hour Hunter Natural Beef Cheeks with Aligot & Garlic Greens
- Tapioca Infusions with Warm Chocolate Mousse
Now in its sixth year, Aussie Wine Month (1-31 May) celebrates the world-class wine produced in our own backyard.
A range of events and promotions are held for wine lovers in cities and regional towns across the country to showcase and champion the diversity and premium quality of Australian wine.
With thousands of wineries dotted throughout 65 wine regions in the country, there’s lots to discover about Australian wine during Aussie Wine Month – check out the website for more details.
Join us and raise a glass to Australian wine community as Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen celebrates Baringbah Wines. Baringbah wines are made with fruit grown on the same site as Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen.
Baringbah Wines was launched in 2015 as is home to some of the most fertile vineyards in the Hunter Valley. The vines originally owned by the Drayton family are now looked after by Tyrells. The label features Chardonnay, Semillon, Verdelho and Shiraz Cabernet and all are drinking well.
For Aussie Wine Month the classically trained Head Chef will be pairing an entree and main course with two 100ml glasses of Baringbah everyday from midday until 5.30pm for just $49. All dietary requirements catered for.
Nan’s Fish Cakes
Beetroot Cured Salmon
We’ve got some lovely fishy specials on the menu this week featuring on our breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Shaun’s Brûlée creations are the absolute bomb and Jimmy’s Flourless Chocolate Cake (or Torte if you are posh) was designed for coeliacs with sweet tooth.
- Nan’s White Fish Cakes with Wilted Spinach & Soft Poached Eggs
- Turmeric & Vanilla Jelly, Fresh Fruit, Raw Trail Mix & Coconut Cream (Vegan)
- Beetroot Cured Tasmanian Salmon with Celeriac Remoulade & Confit Beetroot
- Orange Blossom & PassionfruitBrûlée
- Flourless Chocolate & Prune Torte
Macquariedale pioneering certified organic, biodynamic, vegan winemaking in the Hunter Valley
It’s not too late to book for the Macquariedale Winemakers’ Dinner starting at 6.45pm with canapes, followed by a fabulous five course meal matched with wines and commentary by Ross McDonald.
For the Carnivores…
- Beetroot Cured Tasmanian Salmon With Celeriac Rémoulade
- Sichuan Spiced Roast Pork Belly With Sesame Soba Noodles
- Oven Baked Gnocchi With Wasabi Mushy Peas & Pumpkin
- Hunter Natural Pressed Lamb Shoulder With Aligot, Garlic Greens & Jus
- Orange Blossom & Passionfruit Brûlée Made with Udder Farm Cream
For our Vegan friends…
- Vegetable Terrine with Pickled Daikon & Homemade Gluten Free Crackers
- Sichuan Spiced Roast Tofu With Sesame Soba Noodles
- Oven Baked Gnocchi With Wasabi Mushy Peas & Pumpkin
- Grilled Cumin Cauliflower, Cous Cous, Chilli Jam Garlic Greens
- Vegan Truffles with Kaffir Lime Coconut Cream
Book now on 02 4998 7333 to secure your spot! #madewithlove
Matty, Jimmy and the Nanna Kerr’s team have had the arduous task of updating the wine list recently…
We are delighted to announce the arrival of Cockfighter’s Ghost, Poole’s Rock, Audrey Wilkinson and Ballabourneen alongside old favourites like Tamburlaine, Macquariedale, Domaine de Binet, Krinklewood and Bonics Estate.
The grapes grown on-site at Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen are bottled under the Baringbah label and we are currently serving Semillon, Chardonnay and Verdelho 2015 and the very easy Shiraz Cabernet 2016.
We have nine wines available by the glass including some very special aged Sauvignon Blanc and Syrah from Tamburlaine.
Baringbah wines are made with the grapes grown right in front the verandah at Nanna Kerr’s Kitchen – Jimmy loves the Semillon with Little Hill Farm Pate and Matty likes a glass or two of the Shiraz Cabernet with the Steak & Porcini Mushroom Pie!