This week at Nanna Kerr’s we are excited to announce that we’ve increased our partnership with Little Hill Farm and now anything made with chicken will only use their outstanding ‘off the grid’ product – we are loving the little extras they bring us too like the candy-stripe beets, kale and raw honey.
Other exciting news is that we are now sourcing our milk and cream from Udder Farm;
Udder Farm is a small family owned and operated dairy farm and milk processing business in the Lochinvar area of the Hunter Valley in NSW.
Luskintyre dairy farmer, Glenn Haines and his family are bringing back old fashioned milk and it’s delicious. Mr Haines, his wife Helen and two sons Jamie and Tim all work together at the family dairy and all share a love for fresh, non-homogenised milk.
They milk their cows twice a day every day and bottle their milk two to three times a week depending on demand.
“If my milk tasted the same as the others on the market there would be no point in me selling it,” Glenn told us. “But it doesn’t, you still have to shake our milk because the sweet cream sits at the top”, he’s not fibbing it’s beautifully thick and creamy – perfect for our organic coffee.
On the menu we’ve created….
- Creamy Roast Tomato & Basil Soup
- Homemade Bubble & Squeak Cakes with Chilli Beetroot Jam
- Chicken Roulade – with pine nuts, sweet potato puree, seasonal greens and jus
- Lemon Myrtle & Honey Grilled Lamb with Goat’s Cheese, Cous Cous, Kale & Beetroot Salad
- Lemon, Lime & Bitters Pannacotta
- Orange & Cranberry Crumble
See you in the kitchen.